Sunday, November 11, 2012

Plates Are Not Always Just Plates!

These are my dishes. They mean so much more to me than just something to have a meal on. As long as I can remember, my Grandma & Poppy Waters had Blue Willow dishes. I spent a great deal of time with my Grandma & Poppy Waters, and even lived with them for a while during my sister's hip surgery. That is when I became SUPER close to my cousins (Jamie, Brenda and Nicole). I remember Sunday dinners on their dishes. Saturday lunches with my cousins around Grandma's table. I even remember my Aunt Chris serving her special strawberry shortcake on their dishes, after my grandparents passed away. This Blue Willow pattern means FAMILY, to me. It means LOVE, to me. It means heartfelt loving memories, to me. I am so thankful that my husband found me a set of these dishes (actually, he bought me two sets) he obviously knew how much they would mean to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment