Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello, I am Joy

I am pretty new to the whole world of blogging. I read them often, especially blogs written by friends and family. I gave blogging a shot a few years ago but quickly lost interest and moved on. I wonder what I should write about...do I have anything interesting to blog about? Probably not, but I'm going to write anyway. What will this blog be about? Well, I guess it will be about everything in my life. This will probably evolve into something more specific, but at this time it is just a compilation of stray thoughts, recent events and my observations of the things around me. While this blog is a home for these stray thoughts, I hope it will be a blessing to those who stop by.



Let's start off with an introduction:



I am a Christian woman who moved from Minnesota to South Dakota in January of 2009. By Christian I mean someone who is born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I thank God for His patience and grace as He leads me along day by day.



I have been happily married to my prince in camouflage for almost 15 years. We have 3 rat terriers. Winchester, also know as Winnie or Cubby, is 10. Dakota, also known as Cody or Baby Girl, is 4. Sophie, who does not have a nickname yet, is 9 weeks old.



I enjoy growing as a Christian, travel, reading, some crafts, sewing, camping, cooking, movies and music. I love to study. I find myself interested in so many things in this world and feel the need to really dig in and learn as much as I can about things.



What do I dig into? I love to research so many things. Since we recently moved to South Dakota, I have spent a great deal of time learning about this state. Where do you go? What can you do? Why are the counties named the way they are? Why are Native Americans treated so poorly here? You would think that South Dakota would be so accepting and proud of the Native American culture that they are blessed with... Also, when we moved to South Dakota I became familiar with some of the Hutterite Colonies in the area. I really wanted to know more. I read all about them. I have spent time speaking to the women on the colonies. I have learned some of the recipes they cook regularly. I have learned about some of the day to day events as well as some of their special events. I enjoy learning about other cultures and the way others live their lives. As I learn about more I will share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment